Singapore: A teenager was arrested to kill “at least 100 Muslims”

A frightening affair in Singapore It was today (02.04.2025) known by the country’s interior ministry, which announced that one was arrested adolescent which was planning to kill “at least 100 Muslims”.

The teenager, arrested last March, said he had identified five mosques in Singapore and planned to attack during Friday’s prayer, inspired by the attack on Kraiscers in New Zealand.

As he himself said, inspired by Brenton Tarad, the perpetrator of the attack on New Zealand’s New Zealandwho 2019 killed 59 people, a ‘hero’as the detainee called him.

The teenager ‘He wanted to kill at least 100 Muslims to be more than the victims of Tarad. He also wanted to convey these attacks live »as he told reporters Interior Minister Mr Sanmugan.

In this country where gun possession is one of the most strictly controlled in the world‘EHe had already made several attempts to get a pistol »the minister added.

‘(The teenager) He told investigators quite openly that if he had a gun he would have had these attacks. “he said.

The teenager had come into contact with another suspectthe 18 -year -old Nick Lee, which arrested him December of 2024, with similar categories, according to the same source.

The minister stressed that Singapore has not been left untouched by radicalized jihadists.

In February, a 15 -year -old girl was put under judicial surveillance because ‘sworn in faith in a Chatbot of the Islamic State Organization (IK) » After contacting supporters of this organization abroad, he said.

«He wanted to fight and die for ISIS. She searched for flights to Syria and tried to save money on her trip. “the minister said.

Last year, after all, Singapore police arrested a teenager, who admitted that He was planning an attack with a knife inspired by the Islamic State.

Source link

Leave a Comment