May the relationship between prince and the royal family of Britain to be strained, after his choice to live in America with his wife Megan Markle, but it seems that small reconciliation steps are taking, at least with him King Charles.
Prince Harry seems to be ready to see his father, King Charles, for the first time in 20 months, when he returns to Britain – though his brother, Prince William, has rejected any possibility of meeting with his brother.
Restoration of relations between the Duke of Sussex and the monarch comes after an informal “peace meeting” with Buckingham officials. Harry is expected to return to London on September 8 – on the third anniversary of the death of Queen Elizabeth II – to attend the Wellchild Awards, a charity event that has been supporting for years.
The king is in the country and has no scheduled trip abroad until late September, so the road to meet father and son for the first time since February 2024.
The two have not been found by last year, period when King Charles was undergoing treatment for cancer.
A US source told the Mirror: “It is clear that there is now determination on both sides for reconciliation. No one claims that the wider family issues have been resolved, but this may be a beginning for Charles and Harry.
“For the first time for a long time, there is a genuine sense that reconciliation is possible. Harry’s team and the palace have opened a line of communication and there is every hope that the father and son will meet when the Duke returns to London in September, “the Mirror report said.
Continuing, they added: “After 20 months they have to be seen and with the king continuing his healing, the feeling is that the time has come to take this step. These are not big gestures or set -up meetings but a mere discussion between father and son. Priority is privacy and dignity, but also ensuring that the door will remain open for further dialogue. As for Harry and William, however, any possibility of reconciliation has been categorically rejected. “
Despite the possible meeting, it is assumed that Harry’s wife, Megan Markle, will maintain her self -esteem “exile” from Britain, choosing to stay in California with the couple’s two children, Archi and Lilibet.
Charles has not seen his grandchildren since June 2022, when the Duke and Duchess of Sussex returned for the celebrations of the platinum jubilee of the late queen.