Europe draws up ‘very expensive plans’ for the development of multinational troops in Ukrainein the context of security guarantees after the end of the war with the Russia.
Security guarantees in Ukraine after the ceasefire with Russia will be fully supported by the United States, European Commission President Ursula von der Layen at the Financial Times in an interview published today Sunday, August 31.
“President Trump assured us that there would be a (one) American presence in the framework of the security mechanism,” von der Laien told the FT, adding that “this was very clear and repeatedly confirmed.”
Growth is going to include tens of thousands of European troops under European leadership, with US support, including control and administration and average information and surveillance systems, the report said.
At the same time, he added that the agreement was reached during a meeting between US President Donald Trump, Ukrainian President Volodimir Zelenski and European leaders last month.
European leaders, including German Chancellor Friedrich Mertz, British Prime Minister Kir Starmer, Secretary General of NATO Mark Rutte and von der Layen, will meet in Paris next Thursday.
This meeting will take place at the invitation of French President Emmanuel Macron to continue their high -level discussions on Ukraine, the FT said, citing three diplomats by informing these plans.
Kremlin accuses Europe of blocking Trump peace efforts
Earlier, however, on Sunday, the Kremlin argued that European forces are being hunted down by US President Donald Trump’s efforts to achieve peace in Ukraine and that Russia will continue its military operations in Ukraine until Moscow is seeing real indications.
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters of Russian state media that the “European side of the war” continues to prevent US and Russian efforts for Ukraine.
“We are ready to solve the problem by political and diplomatic means,” Peskov underlined.
“But so far we do not see reciprocity on the part of Kiev in it. Therefore, we will continue the special military operation. ”